Saturday, April 21, 2012

Finally...

So Thursday I went to the dump. Now the politically correct moniker is 'Transfer Station' which means it gets tranferred somewhere else to be buried and burned. I went to scrap a piece of aluminum gutter that had blown of some contractors truck into my yard. I was also hunting for cinder blocks for the chicken coop. What I came home with was a load of used 3/8" plywood and a pair of rolling patio doors. Almost everything I needed to make the cold-frames I've been meaning to build for a while now. So yesterday on my way to pick up chicks at Longhorn Supply http://www.longhorn.me/ I spied Reynolds Motorsports http://www.reynoldsmotorsports.com had a bunch of huge pallets out for the taking. I brought home three and stripped them down and removed all the nails and recovered about $20 worth of carriage bolts too. The little pile here is what I have leftover which will go into a screened enclosure for the chickens. Cant beat these prices!



Each of the cold frames holds about 9 flats of seedlings.





Daisey's Tulips are coming along.


 Spinach and lettuces are up...


Store bought garlic is up! 





 More spinach, lettuce,,, turnip beyond..



No comments:

Post a Comment